8 Cleveland Road
22nd February 2015
Dear Fellow residents
The 2015 General Election is about who will represent the residents of Uxbridge and South Ruislip constituency (which covers Uxbridge, Yiewsley, Cowley, South Ruislip, Ruislip Manor and parts of Eastcote) at Westminster.
In this area we have been lucky to have been served by an MP, Sir John Randall, who has been embedded in the local community and I for one would send him my personal thanks and best wishes.
Whoever is elected must be able to fight hard for the issues and the policies which are important to local residents. These issues include but are not limited to
- The quality of education in our schools and colleges
- The state of our health services and the hospitals we use
- The reliability and cost of our transport network
- The development of our town centres and estates
- The noise and pollution posed by Heathrow and HS2
We need someone who will fight hard for us irrespective of fear or favour, party or personal interest in becoming the next Prime Minister
I have lived in Hillingdon since 1977, it is my home and where I have been proud to live and work. In particular I have
- raised my children here,
- acted as a School governor for over 18 years,
- served as a local Councillor for 8 years,
- worked for local charities including Hillingdon Homestart, HSG Swallows and DASH and
- been appointed Vice Chair of Uxbridge College since 2012
I am a Chartered Accountant who has set up my own business and now employ over 50 staff in 4 offices. In addition I advise businesses locally, in London and beyond. I have significant experience, a wealth of local knowledge but most of all a personal commitment to the place we all live.
I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can but if you have any questions or please don’t hesitate to contact me on 01895 465333
Mike Cox BSc FCA
PS Let's elect a local Champion NOT a prospective Prime Minister